If you have ever wanted to know why some English words are different in British English vs American English, then comedian Michael Mcintyre gives possibly the best explanation. Watch the video then answer the questions here:
- What’s the American word for: Pavement?
- Why did they need to change the word?
- What’s the British word for: Eye Glasses?
- What do the English call “Waste paper basket”?
- What’s the American word for: Horse riding?
Or for a more serious look at why they are different, try this video: